Thursday, January 4, 2007

New Project

I know I said I wouldn't start anything new until I had finished some older ones, but I wanted to participate in the new Craftster Knitting Challenge. Originally, I wasn't planning on participating, as I didn't know what I could do with the theme ("One Stitch to Rule Them All"), but since I had been meaning to make a tea cozy for our new teapot, that I would give it a spin.

It's turned out quite well, for making it up as I go, especially considering I was without the teapot for most of the knitting (Lindsay's hockey games mean lots of knitting time for me). It's not done yet - I still have to finish the bottom edge and figure out how to close the tea cozy.

I'll post pictures and a rough pattern once it's finished, though the pattern probably won't be of much use to anyone unless they've got the same teapot as me.

I'm really interested in seeing what others come up with for this challenge. I was hoping for a theme that would allow me to knit some soft toys, but I think that this one is working pretty well.

No comments: